
This cake was for the great grandfather of one of the little boys that Matthew went to school with this year. As you can see, it was for his 90th birthday. The grandmother came to me with the question of whether there was any way to put 90 candles on a cake and this is what I came up with. It was a lot of work, but I was really happy with how it turned out and they loved it.

Matthew was finally old enough to play 'real' sports, as my husband puts it, and this year played soccer and t-ball and it just so happened that he had t-ball practice on his birthday AND we had snack duty. I had been wanting to try these out for a while, so I figured this was a perfect opportunity. They didn't turn out quite like I had planned and they were plenty messy, but they were REALLY yummy. They are smores cupcakes. It's chocolate cake, with marshmallow filling and topping, with the tops dipped in chocolate and sprinkled with graham crackers.

This is the cupcake, fully dressed.

Matthew decided that he wanted to have a Thomas cake for his birthday party at school, so this is what I came up with. I am not sure that I was in love with it, but I was working on his and his brother's upcoming birthday party, so it was good enough. Besides as long as there is Thomas and cake, the 4 year olds were happy ;)
No comments:
Post a Comment